is, surprisingly, a textile formatter for .NET projects. Textile is a "human web text generator
) that is useful for rapid web writings
such as Wiki syntax or blog articles. From a simple and intuitive syntax it creates well formed HTML with advanced formatting features, while also allowing the user to customize the output.
Examples of what Textile does
(the following text is from Textile's homepage
- Replace single and double primes (' and ") used as quotation marks with HTML entities for opening and closing quotation marks (‘’ and “”) in readable text, while leaving untouched the primes required within HTML tags.
- Replace double hyphens (--) with an em-dash (—) entity.
- Replace single hyphens surrounded by spaces with an en-dash (–) entity.
- Replace triplets of periods (...) with an ellipsis (…) entity.
- Convert many nonstandard characters (ŸúßŠπŒ) to browser-safe entities corresponding to keyboard input.
- Apply block- and phrase-level structural tags automatically and at the discretion of the writer via quick tags.
- Allow the quick creation of simple and complex tables
- Allow the simple application of style, class, id, language and alignment attributes to elements
- Create hyperlinks and insert images via quick tags.
- Define acronyms via quick tags
- Wrap an <acronym> tag around runs of three or more capital letters automatically.
- Convert (TM), (R), and (C) to ™, ®, and ©
- Convert the letter x to a dimension sign: 2x4 to 2×4 and 8 x 10 to 8×10
A complete reference of Textile
can be found over at
You can get news and information regarding Textile.Net by subscribing to the
on my developer's blog